CONTENT MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA ASSOCIATE
Summary of Job:
Do you have a passion for travel, social media, digital marketing & mobile apps? Or potentially you’re also an aspiring travel content producer or travel blogger as well? Do you currently have some experience managing both content, social media marketing and some broader experience in other digital marketing activities as well? If so, you could be who we are looking for at Travello.
Travello, one of the world’s leading global travel social networking apps is on the hunt for a hungry and energetic Digital, Social & Content Marketing Specialist to help take Travello’s content, social presence, digital footprint and ambassador programs to new heights.
This role is full time and will be based in Brisbane. It will offer the successful applicant a great opportunity to take some pretty serious ownership of these areas across the business. So it will suit someone that is or has been in a similar junior role but looking for an opportunity to quickly move up in responsibility.
Essential Job Responsibilities
This role will play a key role in developing the digital & social strategy designed to drive awareness, engagement and of course new users to the Travello app. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of digital and social media marketing activities, content strategy, as well as strategic influencer activations along with helping to build out Travello’s ambassador program.
Core to the role’s responsibilities will include managing:
- Our social media content & profiles
- The Travello Blog content management & direction
- Assist in building out a long-term content marketing plan for all channels
- Coordinate and help manage the Travello Ambassador Program
- Assist with the acquisition strategy for social media marketing & other digital channels
- Social media ad creatives/messaging design & development
- Social media Influencer reach out, strategies and platforms
- Our brand communication in the app from a social and marketing perspective.
- Design ad creatives plus some marketing and sales materials
- Email marketing communications and designs
- Research on our social audiences and app user analytics
Education and Experience Preferred
- Degree qualified in Business, Marketing, or related major
- 1+ years full time or 2 years part time of relevant professional experience in marketing, digital marketing or related functions where you can demonstrate your experience & implementation of content marketing strategies across social and digital channels.
- Working within a travel environment is not a must but would be highly regarded.
- Knowledge and passion for social media and mobile or tech trends.
- Photo/video shooting, editing and producing skills would be a great advantage
- A flair for design or a design background would also be helpful
Experiences applicable to the Job
- Presently a travel blogger or social/digital/video travel content producer.
- Experience as an international traveler in order to be able to relate to our audiences.
- Demonstrated experience with Social Media management, monitoring, content development.
- Demonstrated experience with social & digital marketing and advertising strategy and execution
- Demonstrated experience with developing, launching, managing cross-channel content marketing plans.
- Demonstrated experience with social media influencer programs
- Demonstrated experience with social & digital campaign analytics and reporting
- Solid understanding of digital marketing trends and industry best practices
- Solid understanding of mobile platforms, devices and trends
- Experience or understanding of paid search, SEO, and website measurement and analytics
Key Personal Attributes
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Comfortable working independently & to have initiative and drive to lead ideas.
- Creativity and a flair for design
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively
- Team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
- Skilled at establishing effective relationships with internal teams & external partners
- Social, outgoing and friendly nature willing to meet complete strangers while travelling.
How to apply
*Along with your resume please attach a cover letter which outlines why you believe we should be choosing you
SEND TO email@example.com
If you would like to submit a video as part of your response feel free to upload a video on Facebook or Instagram (post or story) or to Facebook Messenger with the hashtag #choosemetravello explaining why you have the goods for the role!
Job Type: Full-time – Brisbane Australia (Yes, you would need to relocate to Brisbane!)