Travello Pty LTD
ABN: 80 600 440 953
Terms of Service
A.1 These Terms of Service form an agreement (Agreement) between Travello Pty Ltd ABN 80 600 440 953 (Travello), an Australian company, and the user (User).
A.2 This Agreement governs all access to and use of any services provided by Travello to its clients (Service) and all associated images, content and other data (Content).
B TRAVELLO APP
Travello provides the Travello App (Service). The Service enables Users to:
- (a) Connect with fellow travellers in the vicinity of the User and/or search for fellow travellers in a certain location, destination or area;
- (b) Post queries to, and answer messages on, the Noticeboard;
- (c) Share and explore trips and itineraries;
- (d) Create and post events;
- (e) Identify and share Wifi hotspots; and
- (f) Promote, sell, and exchange goods and services.
The native mobile application “Travello” is available from Apple’s AppStore and any other native or web-based mobile applications made available from time-to-time.
Your license to access the App shall be ongoing unless terminated by Travello in accordance with these Terms.
C.1 Normal Account. Normal User accounts are downloadable free of charge.
C.2 Premium Account. Travello may offer a Premium Account with special services and features for a fee.
C.3 Limitations on Use. Travello may limit or restrict access to the App from time-to-time on any basis as it sees fit, including (but not limited to):
- (a) Age & Capacity.
- i. Only persons over the age of 13 may register as a Member; and
- ii. Users under the age of 18 must have their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to download and use the App.
- (b) Location. Travello may restrict access to the App from any location.
Each User may be required to verify their identity by (without limitation) email, telephone, residential or business address, social media, referrals, references and/or formal photographic identification. The User agrees to provide Travello with all necessary verifications we require to provide the User with access to the Service.
C.5 Limited Access
Travello may limit access where it cannot, in its absolute discretion, verify the user’s identity.
C.6 Legitimate Consent To Being Added To Travello’s Email Marketing List
Travello has a legitimate reason to initially add your email address to Travello’s email marketing database at the time of account creation in Travello so that Travello can send you the Welcome Email which has instructions & tips for using the app for the first time. However as a subscriber you have always had and always will have the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time from the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our emails. You are also able to update your email marketing preferences from that same footer link of all our emails now too.
Travello may charge Users a fee to create and post events.
D.2 Local Promotions and Deals
Travello may promote “daily deals” and other promotions for purchase by Users.
D.3 Goods and Services
Travello may offer other goods and services for purchase through the App. Travello may charge a commission to list, promote or sell these goods and services.
D.4 Other Fees.
Travello may offer goods and services for purchase through the App. Members will be notified about all new features or services and will be given the opportunity to opt-in to any new fees.
D.5 In-App Upgrades.
Certain App functions may only be accessible upon the user paying for an in-app upgrade. Travello will in its sole discretion determine:
- (a) what services will require an in-app upgrade;
- (b) the cost of any in-app upgrade; and
- (c) the duration that a user can use an in-app upgrade.
D.6 Trial Period.
Trial Periods may be available from time-to-time in which Members can access some or all of the features and services on the App at no charge for a designated period of time.
D.7 Fees and Charges.
Payment Fees and Charges is governed by Section 9.1 of the General Conditions.
D.8 Disputes Between User & Travello.
Disputes between User and Travello shall be handled in accordance with the procedures set out in the General Conditions of these Terms.
E COMPLIANCE & TERMINATION
E.1 Travello may suspend, block or terminate a Users use of the App in the event that the User fails to comply with any of their obligations under this Agreement, or uses the App in a manner that causes any offence or concern to any other user of the App, at the absolute discretion of Travello.
E.2 Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time by written notice.
F.1 Governing Law. Queensland, Australia.
F.2 Reference City. Brisbane, Queensland.
G CONTACT INFORMATION
G.1 You should address all correspondence with regards to these Terms of Service or the Services, including any feedback to:
Customer Support Officer
Travello Pty Ltd
You may contact the Customer Support Officer by email in the first instance.
1.1 The following definitions apply in this document:
- (a) ABN means Australian Business Number.
- (b) App means the product described in the Solution in the Particulars.
- (c) Business Day means a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) on which banks are open for general banking business in the Reference City of the Legal Location.
- (d) Fees & Charges means the fees and charges as set out in the Particulars.
- (e) General Conditions means the terms and conditions set out in the section of this Agreement entitled “General Conditions”.
- (f) Intellectual Property means all rights (present and future) conferred by common law, equity or statute (and all moral rights) connected with business names, computer software, confidential information, copyright, designs, domain names, formulas, inventions, knowhow, patents, trade marks, and other results of intellectual activity in the industrial, commercial, scientific, literary or artistic field, the benefit of any application to register such a right and the benefit of any renewal or extension of such a right.
- (g) Particulars means this Agreement’s details and variables set out in the section of this Agreement entitled “Particulars”.
- (i) Services means the Services described in the Solution in the Particulars.
- (j) Special Conditions means the terms and conditions set out in the section of this Agreement entitled “Special Conditions”.
- (k) User Content means content that is entered into or created within the App by the User.
1.2 Headings are only for convenience and do not affect interpretation. The following rules apply unless the context requires otherwise:
- (a) The singular includes the plural and the opposite also applies.
- (a) If a word or phrase is defined, any other grammatical form of that word or phrase has a corresponding meaning.
- (b) A reference to a clause refers to clauses in this Agreement.
- (c) A reference to legislation is to that legislation as amended, re‑enacted or replaced, and includes any subordinate legislation issued under it.
- (d) Mentioning anything after includes, including, or similar expressions, does not limit anything else that might be included.
- (e) A reference to a party to this Agreement or another agreement or document includes that party’s successors and permitted substitutes and assigns (and, where applicable, the party’s legal personal representatives).
- (f) A reference to a person, corporation, trust, partnership, unincorporated body or other entity includes any of them.
- (g) A reference to information is to information of any kind in any form or medium, whether formal or informal, written or unwritten, for example, computer software or programs, concepts, data, drawings, ideas, knowledge, procedures, source codes or object codes, technology or trade secrets.
- (h) A reference to dollars or $ is to an amount in Australian currency.
2.1 This Agreement applies to use of and access to the App.
2.2 Where the User does not accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the User must immediately cease using the App.
2.3 The terms & conditions of this Agreement may be updated by Travello in its absolute discretion from time-to-time, and unless stated otherwise by Travello in writing, such updates shall come into effect for use of the App at the time the User is sent notice of the update(s).
2.4 The User agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of:
- (a) Apple if the Member accessed the App from the AppStore; or
- (b) Any other provider that provides access to native or web-based mobile applications from which the User accessed the App.
3.1 By using the App, the User acknowledges and agrees to:
- (a) These Terms of Service; and
4 SOLUTION4.1 THE APP IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE TO THE USER FOR THE TERM SET OUT IN THE PARTICULARS. 4.2 THE USER AGREES AND ACCEPTS THAT the functional elements of the App may be:
- (a) hosted by Travello and shall only be installed, accessed and maintained by Travello, accessed using the internet or other connection to Travello servers and is not available ‘locally’ from the User’s systems; and
- (b) managed and supported exclusively by Travello from Travello servers and that no ‘back-end’ access to the App is available to the User unless expressly agreed in writing.
4.3 Travello reserves the right to upgrade, maintain, tune, backup, amend, add or remove features, redesign, improve or otherwise alter the App.
5.1 By accepting the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the User is granted a limited, non-exclusive and revocable license to access the App for the duration of this Agreement, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
5.2 Travello may issue the license to the User on the further terms or limitations set out in item the Particulars as it sees fit.
5.3 Travello may revoke or suspend the User’s license(s) in its absolute discretion for any reason that it sees fit, including for breach of the terms and conditions in this Agreement by the User or any of it’s users. Travello will ordinarily advise the User of any suspension or revocation however it is under no obligation to do so.
6.1 The User agrees that it shall only use the App for legal purposes and shall not use it to engage any conduct that is unlawful, immoral, threatening, abusive or in a way that is deemed unreasonable by Travello in its discretion.
6.2 The user agrees that by joining Travello you are agreeing, in full, to the terms and conditions stated within this policy
6.3 The User agrees that it shall only use the App for legal purposes and shall not use it to engage any conduct that is unlawful, immoral, threatening, abusive or in a way that is deemed unreasonable by Travello in its discretion.
6.4 The user agrees that there is no tolerance by Travello to objectionable content within any section of the application. Any offensive or objectionable content, which will be deemed so at the absolute discretion of Travello administrators or reported by fellow users, will be removed from the application within 24 hours.
6.5 Users profiles responsible for the publication of offensive or objectionable content will be removed from the application at the full discretion of Travello administration.
7 THIRD PARTY GOODS & SERVICES
7.1 Travello displays and provides facilities for Users to search for third party travel related goods and services via the App. Goods and services include:
- (a) Travel products;
- (b) Insurance;
- (c) Accommodation;
- (d) Flights;
- (e) Tickets to events
7.2 Travello provides no warranty or representation and accepts no responsibility as to the goods and services displayed on the App or third-party providers and the User must satisfy himself or herself as to the third parties and their respective goods and services including without limitation:
- (a)The accuracy of descriptions including but not limited to the goods and services type, availability, price, inclusions, restrictions, policies and terms and conditions;
- (b)The accuracy of any photos of the goods or services;
- (c)The state of repair or quality of the goods and services to be provided;
- (d)Whether the goods and services are appropriate for the User’s needs;
- (e)The functionality, timeliness of provision, availability, use, operation or any other aspect of the goods and services;
7.3 Travello forwards any of the User’s cardholder data relating to third party goods or services directly to the relevant third party provider. Travello does not store or process this data or payments relating to third parties and will not be responsible for any loss or damages that the User suffer in any way.
7.4 The use of any goods or services will be in accordance with the relevant third party’s terms and conditions. Please contact the relevant third party for a copy of their terms and conditions.
7.5 Notwithstanding that the User books or pays for goods or services via the App, the contract of supply for the goods and services is between the third party provider and the User. Travello will in no way be responsible for providing or fulfilling any of the third party’s obligations to the User.
7.6 Without restricting the application of any other clause in this Agreement, Travello will in no way be liable to the User for any loss or damage that the User suffers by using third party goods and services via the App.
8 AUTHORISED USERS
8.1 The User shall authorise users to access the App in its absolute discretion. Travello accepts no liability for access to User Content by users authorised by the User or using login details of users authorised by the User.
8.2 The User is solely responsible for the security of its username and password for access to the App.
8.3 The User is responsible for ensuring that users they authorise to use the App comply with this Agreement in full and are liable for any breach of them.
9 USER CONTENT
9.1 Travello accepts no liability for the content of User Content.
9.2 The User is responsible for the accuracy, quality and legality of User Content and the User’s acquisition of it, and the users that create, access and/or use User Content.
9.3 User content will be moderated by Travello administrators. There is no tolerance by Travello to offensive and/or objectionable content within any section of the application. Any offensive or objectionable content, which will be deemed so at the absolute discretion of Travello administrators and/or reported by fellow users, will be removed from the application.
9.4 Travello moderators will act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content
9.5 Despite clause 8.1, Travello shall be authorised to permanently delete User Content where:
- (a) A user has created objectionable or inappropriate content
- (b) A user has acted inappropriately or threateningly to another user
- (c) The User deletes the App or no longer wishes to use it; or
- (d) This Agreement is terminated.
10 FEES & CHARGES
10.1 The User agrees to pay all Fees & Charges as and when they fall due and to the extent permissible by law.
10.2 Fees & Charges are non-cancellable and/or non-refundable once ordered or paid for the billing period.
10.3 The User agrees to pay the Fees & Charges.
10.4 Travello may introduce new services and/or Fees & Charges by giving the User written notice of their availability and applicability.
10.5 Travello shall notify the User of any changes to existing Fees & Charges. Travello reserves the right to change the Fees & Charges at any time at its absolute discretion.
10.6 If the User does not accept a change to Fees & Charges, the User must notify Travello.
10.7 Travello may revoke or suspend the User’s license to access the App for unpaid Fees & Charges without liability.
11.1 The terms of payment will be set by Travello.
11.2 Refunds are not provided except as required by law.
12.1 Security. Travello takes the security of the App and the privacy of its users very seriously. The User agrees that the User shall not do anything to prejudice the security or privacy of Travello’s systems or the information on them.
12.2 Transmission. Travello shall do all things reasonable to ensure that the transmission of data occurs according to accepted industry standards.
13.1 By accepting the terms of this agreement the User agrees that Travello shall provide access to the Service to the best of its abilities, however it accepts no responsibility for ongoing access to the App.
14 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- (a) Travello has moral & registered rights in its trademarks and the User shall not copy, alter, use or otherwise deal in the marks without the prior written consent of Travello.
- (b) Apple® AppStore®, Google®, GooglePlay® and other trademarks are the Intellectual Property of their respective owners.
14.2 Proprietary Information. The App may use software and other proprietary systems and Intellectual Property for which Travello has appropriate authority to use, and the User agrees that such is protected by copyright, trademarks, patents, proprietary rights and other laws, both domestically and internationally. The User warrants that it shall not infringe on any third-party rights through the use of the App.
14.3 App. The User agrees and accepts that the App is the Intellectual Property of Travello and the User further warrants that by using the App the User will not:
- (a) Copy the App or the Services that it provides for the User’s own commercial purposes; and
- (b) Directly or indirectly copy, recreate, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise obtain, modify or use any source or object code, architecture, algorithms contained in the App or any documentation associated with it.
14.4 Content. All content remains the Intellectual Property of Travello, including (without limitation) any source code, usage data, ideas, enhancements, feature requests, suggestions or other information provided by the User or any other party with respect to the App.
15.1 To the full extent allowed by law, Travello provides the App “as is” and without any warranty or condition, express or implied.
15.2 Travello does not warrant that the information contained in or accessible through the App is accurate, suitable for your purposes or without errors, omissions or viruses. Nor does Travello guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the App.
15.3 The User acknowledges and agrees that factors outside of Travello’s control may interfere with the User’s use of the App (including the software operating in connection with the App).
15.4 Travello does not warrant the accuracy of any advice, opinion, statement, representation or other information displayed on or accessible through the App.
15.5 Subject to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, Travello makes no representations or warranties in respect of the information and materials available on the App or the means of accessing that information and material (including the software operating in connection with the App).
15.6 Travello does not warrant, represent or take any responsibility for third party websites or apps which are or may become linked or connected to or from the App. Any links to third party websites or apps are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. The User agrees and acknowledges that Travello does not endorse, adopt, approve or recommend, and are not responsible or liable for, any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from a third party website, app or information.
16 LIABILITY & INDEMNITY
16.1 The User agrees that it uses the App at its own risk.
16.2 The User acknowledges that Travello is not responsible for the conduct or activities of any user and that Travello is not liable for such under any circumstances.
16.3 The User agrees to indemnify Travello for any loss, damage, cost or expense that Travello may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with the User’s use of or conduct in connection with the App, including any breach by the User of these Terms.
16.4 In no circumstances will Travello be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity, loss of anticipated savings or any other similar or analogous loss resulting from the User’s access to, or use of, or inability to use the App or any content, or in any way relating to an experience itself (or the provision or non-provision of an experience), whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence, in equity or any other legal theory, and whether or not Travello knew or should have known of the possibility of such damage, to business interruption of any type, whether in tort, contract or otherwise.
16.5 This clause 16 applies in relation to any third party listed via the App and any goods or services provided by a third party via the App.
17.1 Expiry or termination of this Agreement is without prejudice to and does not affect the accrued rights or remedies of any of the parties arising in any way out of this Agreement up to the date of expiry or termination.
18.1 For any dispute between Travello and the User, the following process shall apply:
- (a) Negotiation. If there is a dispute between the parties relating to or arising out of this Agreement, then within 5 Business Days of a party notifying the other party of a dispute, senior representatives from each party must meet (or if discuss directly via the telephone or internet) and use all reasonable endeavours acting in good faith to resolve the dispute by joint discussions;
- (b) Mediation. If the dispute between the parties relating to or arising out of this Agreement is not resolved within five Business Days of notification of the dispute under Clause 18.1, the parties must agree to submit the dispute to mediation, administered by lawyers engaged in alternative dispute resolution;
- (c) Arbitration. If the dispute between the parties relating to or arising out of this Agreement is not settled by mediation under Clause (b), either party may by written notice to the other refer the dispute to arbitration administered by the Institute of Arbitrators Australia. The arbitrator will be agreed between the parties from a panel suggested by the President of the Institute of Arbitrators Australia or failing agreement, an arbitrator will be appointed by the President of the Institute of Arbitrators Australia; and
- (d)Court proceedings. A party may not commence court proceedings in relation to a dispute relating to or arising out of this Agreement until it has exhausted the procedures in this clause 18.1 unless the party seeks appropriate injunctive or other interlocutory relief to preserve property or rights or to avoid losses that damages would otherwise be inadequate to compensate.
19.1 The User can direct notices, enquiries, complaints and so forth to Travello as set out in this Agreement. Travello will notify the User of a change of details from time-to-time.
19.2 Travello will send the User notices and other correspondence to the details that the User submits to Travello, or that the User notifies Travello of from time-to-time. It is the User’s responsibility to update its contact details as they change.
19.3 A consent, notice or communication under this Agreement is effective if it is sent as an electronic communication unless required to be physically delivered under law.
19.4 Notices must be sent to the parties’ contact details as specified in the Particulars.
20.1 The User may only assign or otherwise create an interest in its rights under this Agreement with the written consent of Travello.
20.2 Travello may assign or otherwise create and interest in its rights under this Agreement by giving the User written notice.
21.1 Formation. This Agreement is formed when the User acknowledges their consent to this Agreement, whether done electronically or physically.
21.2 Prevalence. Each party to this Agreement agrees to the clauses in the Particulars, the Special Conditions (if any) and the General Conditions. The Particulars, Special Conditions and the General Conditions form a single legal agreement. To the extent that the Particulars or the Special Conditions are inconsistent with the General Conditions, the terms of the Particulars will prevail. To the extent that the Special Conditions are inconsistent with the Particulars, the Special Conditions will prevail.
21.3 Disclaimer. Each party acknowledges that it has not relied on any representation, warranty or statement made by any other party, other than as set out in this Agreement.
21.4 Relationship. The relationship of the parties to this Agreement does not form a joint venture or partnership.
21.5 Waiver. No clause of this Agreement will be deemed waived and no breach excused unless such waiver or consent is provided in writing.
21.6 Further Assurances. Each party must do anything necessary (including executing agreements and documents) to give full effect to this Agreement and the transaction facilitated by it.
21.7 Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the state set out in the Particulars. Each of the parties hereby submits to the non- exclusive jurisdiction of courts with jurisdiction there.
21.8 Liability for Expenses. Each party must pay its own expenses incurred in negotiating, executing, stamping and registering this Agreement.
21.9 Inconsistency. If this Agreement is inconsistent with any other document or agreement between the parties, this document prevails to the extent of the inconsistency.
21.10 Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts. All counterparts together will be taken to constitute one instrument.
21.11 Time. Time is of the essence in this Agreement.
21.12 Severability. Any clause of this Agreement, which is invalid or unenforceable is ineffective to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability without affecting the remaining clauses of this Agreement.
END GENERAL CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Travello Rewards Program
1.1 These Terms and Conditions form the basis of Travello Rewards. They are intended to protect both Members and the Travello Group. It is the Member's responsibility to read and understand them.
1.2 These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date specified above and may be amended by Travello from time to time. The current Terms and Conditions are those available at this website. Members can access a copy of the Terms and Conditions at the time of joining Travello and material changes will be notified to Members in accordance with clause 3.2.
1.3 Every Member is bound by these Terms and Conditions upon joining Travello.
2.1 In these Terms and Conditions unless the context otherwise requires: 'Accepted Payment Card' means one of the credit cards, charge cards or debit cards (excluding any Travello voucher or credit voucher) which a Member must use to make a payment, or such other form of payment as approved by Travello from time to time;
'Active Member' at a point in time, means a Member who has earned or redeemed Travello Points or Status Credits on their Membership Account within the previous consecutive 24 whole month period from that point in time;
'Benefits' means any of the facilities, discounts, services or arrangements offered or available to a Member as a result of membership in Travello Rewards including earning and redeeming Points and Rewards, but does not include any Voucher;
'Benefit Period' means the remainder of any Calendar Year in which a new Status Tier Level is achieved, and the Grace Year;
'Calendar Year' means a year commencing on 1 January and ending 31 December;
'Digital Card' means the Travello Rewards Digital Membership card or proof of Membership that Travello may issue to the Member;
'Grace Year' the Calendar Year following the Calendar Year in which a Status Tier Level was achieved by the Member;
'Member' means a person who is a member of Travello Rewards program;
'Membership' means membership of Travello Rewards program;
'Membership Account' means the record of a Member's Membership, which is available to the Member online in the Travello App or by the Travello Website;
'Partner' means any business with which a Travello Group Company has entered into an agreement to provide for Members to earn Travello Points or to redeem Travello Points, or both;
'Points' or 'Travello Points' or 'Travell' Rewards points' means loyalty points awarded to Members in Travello Rewards pursuant to these Terms and Conditions unless otherwise stated, but excludes Status Credits;
'Points Plus Pay' means the redemption of Travello Points and payment of money by Accepted Payment Card in order to receive a Reward subject to these Terms and Conditions;
'Retail Reward' means a good or service or Voucher which may be obtained by a Member through the Travello App, or directly from the Partner in accordance with instructions from Travello;
'Reward', means any product or service offered by a Partner or Travello which has been nominated by Travello as eligible to be obtained by a Member redeeming Travello Points through Travello Rewards, including a Retail Reward;
'Status Credits' are credits which are awarded to Members in accordance with clause 20 and which entitle Members to attain a higher Status Tier Level or retain a current status level;
'Status Tier Level' means a ‘status’ that Travello awards a Member based on the Status Credits, and which may earn the Member Travello Points;
'Store Terms and Conditions' means the terms and conditions applicable to the redemption of Travello Points to obtain Rewards as set out at the Travello Store website (which may be accessed via the Travello Website), as varied from time to time;
'Terms and Conditions' means these Travello Rewards Terms and Conditions;
'Travello' means Travello Pty Ltd ABN 80 600 440 953;
'Travello App' means the software application offered by Travello that you can download onto your phone;
'Travello Group' means all the Travello Group Companies;
'Travello Group Company' means Travello or any related body corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) of Travello from time to time;
'Travello Rewards' means the loyalty points program operated by a Travello Group Company;
'Travello Store' means the service (referred to as the Travello Store or Travello Rewards Store or Travello Experiences) through which Members may obtain retail goods or services or Vouchers by redeeming Travello Points, or by redeeming Travello Points and paying an amount of money, and paying all identified surcharges, charges, fees, GST and taxes, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and the Store Terms and Conditions;
'Travello Website' means ‘travelloapp.com’;
'Voucher' means a voucher which may be obtained by a Member through the Travello App, or directly from the Partner in accordance with instructions from Travello, which may be redeemed by the Member for discounted goods or services from Travello or the Partner;
'Voucher T&Cs': terms and conditions that apply to any Voucher, including those set by a Partner.
3.0 CHANGES TO TRAVELLO REWARDS
3.1 Subject to clause 3.2, Travello may make any changes (whether material or otherwise) to Travello Rewards, these Terms and Conditions, the Rewards or Benefits offered and any fees, including changes to:
- (i) the ways in which Travello Points are earned and redeemed;
- (ii) Point earning and redeeming rates;
- (iii) Rewards or Benefits, including the continued availability of Rewards or Benefits;
- (iv) Reward restrictions or conditions;
- (v) Status Credit restrictions and conditions;
- (vi) membership level requirements and benefits;
- (vii) purchase and service charges and other fees; and
- (viii) the expiry of accrued Travello Points.
3.2 Travello will use reasonable endeavours to notify Members of material changes to these Terms and Conditions and, where such changes will limit Benefits:
- (a) where the Benefit is provided by Travello, to give Members at least 30 days’ notice; (b) where the Benefit is provided by a third party, where possible give Members at least 30 days’ notice.
3.3 Without limiting this clause 3 in any way, Members will be taken to have received the notice referred to in clause 3.2 if Travello notifies Members of the change by:
- (a) for Members living in Australia or New Zealand, providing notice at the email address provided to Travello by the Member or, if no valid email address is held by Travello, by posting details of the changes on the Travello Website;
- (b) for Members living outside Australia or New Zealand, posting details of the changes on the Travello Website
3.4 Except as otherwise stated, if a Reward ceases to be available after it has been booked by a Member, Travello will (at the Member's option) either refund the Travello Points redeemed by the Member to obtain the Reward or provide an alternative Reward of similar value.
4.0 TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF TRAVELLO REWARDS
4.1 Travello gives no warranty as to the continuing availability of Travello Rewards. Travello may terminate or suspend Travello Rewards at any time. Travello will give at least three months’ notice to Members of such termination or suspension, except if Travello ceases to operate a business in which case Travello Rewards will cease immediately.
4.2 Members will be taken to have received the notice referred to in clause 4.1 if Travello notifies Members of the termination or suspension by posting details of the changes on the Travello Website.
4.3 If Travello terminates or suspends Travello Rewards, Members will be able to redeem Travello Points during the notice period in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, except where Travello is ceasing to operate a business and/or has gone into liquidation or other form of administration, in which case Travello may terminate or cancel any Rewards or Benefits immediately without notice.
5.1 Membership of Travello Rewards is open only to individuals. Membership is not open to families, groups, companies, trusts, partnerships, incorporated associations, other entities, government departments, agencies, animals or inanimate objects.
5.2 Persons will apply to become Members upon download/installation/first use of the Travello App and completion of a Member profile. Membership is offered at the discretion of Travello. Travello may accept or reject any application for Membership. Travello may reject an application for Membership up to 30 days after a person applies to become a Member, even if Travello allows that Person to use the Travello App or redeem Travello Points.
5.3 Each Member may have only one Travello Rewards account.
5.4 A Member's personal information, including mailing address, may be used to determine their eligibility for Benefits, promotions and other offerings.
5.5 Each Member must advise Travello of any change of name, address, or other details as soon as practicable after the change. Travello is not responsible for any failure by a Member to notify Travello of any changes in accordance with this clause, or for any incorrect changes notified to Travello.
5.6 Members may, at any time, cancel their Membership by providing written notice to Travello. Cancelling Membership will also automatically terminate the Travello App’s services.
5.7 Upon receipt of a written notice under clause 5.6, Travello will cancel the relevant Membership and all accumulated Travello Points in that Member's account will immediately expire. Travello recommends that Members carefully plan any cancellation to avoid unintentional loss of accumulated Travello Points.
5.8 Travello Rewards is intended for bona fide Members, that is, those Members who act in good faith, sincerely, without fraud, and who use Travello Rewards for the purpose of recreation and entertainment.
5.9 Travello reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Membership where in Travello’s reasonable opinion, the Member has not conducted itself with integrity and/or in good faith.
6.0 USE OF THE DIGITAL CARD, MEMBERSHIP AND BENEFITS
6.1 Using the Digital Card or Membership number, or claiming any Benefit is subject to these Terms and Conditions. Travello Points may only be earned and/or redeemed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
6.2 The Digital Card is and will remain the property of Travello.
6.3 The Digital Card and Membership number are valid for use only by the Member and are not transferable in any circumstances. If there is a validity period on a Digital Card, the Digital Card may be used only during that validity period.
6.4 Travello may at any time require the Member to produce their Digital Card and to quote their Membership number in order to earn Travello Points with Travello or in connection with a transaction with any Partner, or while purchasing or claiming or utilising any Travello Points, Rewards or Benefits.
6.5 In the event of loss, theft or unauthorised use of a Digital Card or unauthorised use of a Membership number, it is the Member's responsibility to advise Travello as soon as possible. The Member is liable for all use of the Digital Card or Membership number until Travello is notified of the loss, theft or unauthorised use.
7.0 MEMBER OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
7.1 Members must not:
- (a) breach these Terms and Conditions; or
(b) abuse or misuse Travello, any Rewards, Benefits, facilities, services or arrangements accorded to the Member as a result of Membership including by:
- (i) engaging in illegal or fraudulent activities;
- (ii) supplying or attempting to supply false or misleading information, or making a misrepresentation to Travello or any Partner;
- (iii) selling, assigning, transferring or acquiring, or offering to sell, assign, transfer or acquire any Reward, Benefit or Travello Points other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- (iv) acting in a hostile, abusive or aggressive way towards any Travello Group Company staff or the staff of any Partner;
- (v) acting in an unruly, disruptive or offensive manner at any Travello event; or
- (vi) refusing to follow reasonable instructions from any Travello Group Company staff or the staff of any Partner.
7.2 Each Member is responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient Travello Points to redeem for any Reward that they request.
7.3 Each Member is responsible for regularly checking their Membership Account and any updates to these Terms and Conditions and must promptly notify Travello of any omissions, incorrect entries or other discrepancies associated with their Membership Account.
8.0 SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
8.1 If a Member has committed a material breach of any of the Terms and Conditions or has failed to pay any money due to Travello, or a Partner by the due date, whether intentionally or otherwise, then Travello may do any one or more of the following:
- (a) suspend or terminate the Member's Membership and the right of the Member to redeem any Rewards or Benefits using Travello Points;
- (b) reverse or cancel the Member's Travello Points or any part of them; or
- (c) cancel or refuse to honour any Rewards, Benefits or both, that have been redeemed by or provided to the Member.
8.2 If Travello intends to take action under clause 8.1, it will notify the Member of its intention and the reason for that action. The Member will then have 21 days to respond to this notice by rectifying the breach (where possible) and providing any reason why Travello should not take action. Travello may suspend the Member's Membership and the right of the Member to redeem any Rewards or Benefits using Travello Points until any review is completed). Travello will review the response and advise the Member of its position.
8.3 Membership will terminate automatically on the death of a Member. Travello Points earned but not yet redeemed or transferred prior to the death of the Member will be cancelled. Travello will close the Member's account on notification of the Member's death. Travello will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered by any person as a result of such cancellation.
9.0 EARNING TRAVELLO POINTS
9.1.1 Members may earn Travello Points only in accordance with this clause 9 and by:
- (a) purchasing goods or services from a Partner, for a prescribed amount, and in a prescribed manner, that Travello notifies the Member will earn the Member Travello Points;
- (b) purchasing goods or services from Travello for a prescribed amount, and in a prescribed manner, that Travello notifies the Member will earn the Member Travello Points;
- (c) achieving a higher Status Tier Level; or
- (d) doing prescribed things, that Travello notifies the Member will earn the Member Travello Points.
9.1.2. Notwithstanding this clause 9, points are awarded in Travello’s absolute discretion.
9.1.3 A Member may earn Travello Points only:
- (a) in relation to purchases of goods or services made after Travello accepts the Member's application for Membership in accordance with clause 5.2;
- (b) in relation to eligible transactions (acquisition of goods or services) entered into after Travello accepts the Member's application for Membership in accordance with clause 5.2, and that Travello notifies to the Member will earn the Member Travello Points;
9.1.4 Except as provided elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise specified by Travello, Points may be credited only to the account of the Member who has acquired the eligible goods or services or entered into an eligible transaction.
9.1.5 Points will not be awarded in relation to any products or services that are cancelled, refunded or returned. Travello may cancel or deduct any Points that have been awarded in relation to cancelled, refunded or returned products or services.
9.1.6 Travello will notify Members of how Travello Points can be earned, by publishing that information on the Travello App, or Travello
9.2 Travello Points expiry/validity
9.2.1 Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, Points will not expire as long as the Member remains an Active Member.
9.2.2 All Points held in a Travello Rewards account will expire at midnight UTC time at the end of the 24th consecutive month for which the Member has not earned Points or Status Credits or redeemed Points. For this purpose Points earned in relation to:
- (a) points from purchases are deemed to be earned on the date the purchase was made;
- (b) Points earned in relation to Status Tier Level are deemed earned on the initial qualifying date or 1st January each year thereafter.
9.2.3 Within 60 days prior to the Points expiration date, Travello will notify Members of the number of Points that are about to expire and the expiration date as follows:
- (a) Online/in app activity statements display a warning to the Member;
- (b) Members will not receive paper activity statements, but may be notified by email at the discretion of Travello if their account is inactive.
9.2.4 Points cannot be re-credited once they have expired, including if the Member becomes an Active Member again after the Points have expired.
9.2.5 Travello may reverse or cancel any Points credited to a Member incorrectly, or not in accordance with, or in breach of, the Terms and Conditions at any time.
9.3 Other Ways to earn Travello Points or receive Benefits
The Travello Group has other arrangements with Partners in relation to the awarding of Points to Members. Such arrangements may change from time to time and may include the awarding of Points for participation in loyalty schemes or promotions, as purchasing incentives and as performance incentives. The Travello Group may, from time to time, participate in other such arrangements or approve other ways in which Members may earn Points or be eligible for Rewards or Benefits (and additional terms and conditions applicable to earning those Points, Rewards or Benefits will be made available by the applicable Partner and/or at or through this website or the Partner’s website).
10.0 ACTIVITY STATEMENTS
10.1 Members may access account information, including about their Travello Points without charge using the Travello App or at the Travello Website.
10.2 Members may request statements about their Travello Points, by email by contacting Travello.
11.0 FAMILY TRANSFERS
11.1 Points cannot be transferred amongst Members or family members.
12.0 REDEEMING TRAVELLO POINTS FOR REWARDS
12.1 Rewards are limited in the absolute discretion of Travello, and subject to availability. Reward substitutions may be necessary at the discretion of Travello.
12.2 For Rewards, in addition to the Travello Points required for a Reward, Members must pay any other amounts quoted at the time of purchase, or other reasonable fees charged by Travello to provide or facilitate the provision, of the Reward.
12.3 Rewards may be subject to personal income or other tax assessment. Members are advised to check with their accountant or tax adviser for further information.
12.4 The Terms and Conditions applicable to a Reward redemption will be those in force at the time the Travello Points are redeemed for that Reward.
12.5 The number of Travello Points that must be redeemed in relation to a particular Reward, and the amount that must be paid as part of a Points Plus Pay redemption, are determined by Travello. Travello may require a minimum number of Points be redeemed as part of any Points Plus Pay redemption. Travello do not give any warranty or make any representation in relation to the underlying value of any Rewards.
12.6 Members must have in their account at least the number of Travello Points required to redeem the chosen Reward at the time the booking or redemption is processed. Any payment of a money amount required to obtain a Reward must be paid using an Accepted Payment Card at the time of booking or redemption.
12.7 Travello reserves the right to charge a fee for use of certain Accepted Payment Cards.
12.8 Any credit or refund made to a Member under these Terms and Conditions will be made:
- (a) in Travello Points to the extent that the Member redeemed Points to obtain the Reward; and
- (b) in money refunded to the Member's Accepted Payment Card to the extent that the Member paid money to obtain the Reward, less any applicable fee.
12.9 Travello Points cannot be converted to or exchanged for money.
12.10 Travello may make (or may arrange for third parties to make) other Rewards available for redemption through Travello for a specified period. Details and any additional terms and conditions applicable to those other Rewards will be provided by the applicable Reward supplier and/or at this website.
12.11 Rewards cannot be obtained by pooling of Travello Points by different Members/persons.
12.12 Except with Travello’s consent, after a Reward has been requested by the Member, the Member may not:
- (a) return the Reward and receive a Travello Points credit to its Travello Point balance;
- (b) exchange the Reward or receive any consideration, including for cash; or
- (c) replace the Reward for the same or another Reward if the Reward is lost or stolen or otherwise destroyed. This applies to all Rewards, including Vouchers and gift cards.
When a Reward is available using Points Plus Pay:
- (a) the Member may use Travello Points to redeem for a portion of the relevant goods or services and obtain the remainder of the goods or services by using any form of payment acceptable to Travello and Partner (if applicable);
- (b) the Member may not use gift cards or Vouchers to pay for the monetary component of the reward, without Travello’s consent.
13.1 Vouchers are available as Rewards by redeeming Points as set out in the Travello App or Travello Store. A Voucher is valid from the date of issue and for the period specified on the Voucher.
13.2 Requests for Vouchers may be made via the Travello App or Travello Store. It may take up to ten business days to issue a Voucher, which will then be e-mailed or mailed by ordinary post if required. It is the Member's responsibility to allow sufficient time for the Voucher to arrive. Travello may charge a reasonable fee to provide or facilitate the provision of the Voucher for orders placed by telephone to the Travello Store.
13.3 A Voucher cannot be exchanged for money or replaced if lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
13.4 A Voucher covers only the services specifically described on it. Other items, such as meals, laundry or telephone charges for hotels and petrol or insurance for car rentals that are not specified on the voucher, must be paid for by the user.
13.5 All Vouchers are issued subject to the Voucher T&Cs. Travello will notify the member of any Voucher T&Cs. By redeeming a Voucher using Travello Points, or otherwise obtaining a Voucher, the Member agrees to all Voucher T&Cs.
14.0 TOP-UP POINTS
14.1 If Members do not have sufficient Points to redeem a particular Reward, they cannot purchase additional Points.
15.0 MEMBERSHIP LEVELS, STATUS CREDITS AND BENEFITS
15.1 Membership levels
15.1.1 There are five Membership levels in Travello Rewards. The entry level is Rookie. Members may progress to the higher levels – Nomad, Explorer, Expert and Guru - by earning Status Credits.
15.1.2 Status Credits are earned for activity within the Travello mobile app. Refer to the Status earning tables further below.
15.1.3 Status Credits are not earned for purchases on Travello.
15.1.4 The number of Status Credits required to attain and retain each Status Tier Level are maintained at Travello’s discretion (currently published further below).
15.1.5 Membership status levels are valid after qualifying until the following 1st of January and reset on this date for each calendar year.
15.2 Additional benefits
15.2.1 Travello may offer additional benefits from time to time based on Membership level. Details of any such benefits or selection and any additional terms and conditions applicable are provided by Travello at the time of offer or provided in-app or by the Travello Website.
16.0 TRAVELLO REWARDS STORE AND RETAIL REWARDS
16.1 It is the Member's responsibility to read and accept these Terms and Conditions before redeeming Points for Retail Rewards.
16.2 Members acknowledge that:
- (a) the Points that must be redeemed to obtain a Reward and any money that must be paid under a Points Plus Pay option may be viewed using the Travello App, The Travello Website, or at the Travello Store’s website and may be varied prior to redemption of the Reward without notice to Members;
- (b) all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that information in relation to Rewards is correct, but except as required by certain statutory warranties under consumer protection laws, Travello accepts no liability for the lack of completeness or correctness of such information;
- (c) Rewards may be of limited stock;
- (d) Rewards may be offered for a limited time;
- (e) Rewards are subject to terms and conditions of their suppliers, including any Voucher T&Cs; and
- (f) availability of some Retail Rewards may be subject to capacity controls by their suppliers.
16.3 Members redeem Points in order to obtain Rewards at their own discretion. Travello do not give any warranty or make any representation in relation to the underlying value of any Retail Rewards (other than the face value of vouchers denominated in dollars).
16.4 Except as required by law, Travello accepts no liability of any nature in relation to the Rewards. To the extent that Travello cannot exclude liability for a Reward, such liability is limited to:
- (a) re-crediting Points redeemed by the Member in order to obtain the Reward and refunding any money paid by a Member under a Points Plus Pay option; or
- (b) replacing or re-supplying a Retail Reward,
16.5 Rewards may be manufactured and/or supplied by independent suppliers (i.e. independent Partners). Certain statutory warranties under consumer protection laws may apply to Rewards for the benefit of consumers. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude or restrict the application of such consumer laws but Travello make no guarantee, warranties or representations of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Rewards including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise outside of the application of those laws.
16.6 Travello gives no warranty (whether express or implied) with respect to Rewards provided under Travello Rewards. Travello does not represent that any particular reward is suitable for a particular purpose for which the Member intends to use it. A Reward will normally come with a warranty from the Partner (i.e. supplier or manufacturer) of the Reward and any claim in respect of that Reward should be made directly to the supplier or manufacturer. This doesn’t prevent the Member from claiming against Travello where it supplies services in connection with Travello Rewards. If the Member is a consumer, consumer protection laws include non-excludable warranties which may entitle the Member to compensation. Otherwise, if Travello is liable for the breach of any term implied by law, Travello’s liability for loss or damage from the breach is limited to:
- (i) supplying the service again or paying the costs of having the service resupplied; or
- (ii) replacement or repair of the Reward or payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the Reward. If the Member is a consumer, under consumer protection laws, Travello can only limit its liability in this way to the extent it’s permitted by those laws.
16.7 Except to the extent provided by law Travello and any of their officers, employees or agents is not liable for:
- (i) the loss, theft or destruction of a Reward;
- (ii) loss arising from the death, injury or consequential loss arising from the supply of a Reward; or
- (iii) any disruption to Travello Rewards, delay or inability to provide a reward caused by circumstances beyond Travello’s control like industrial disputes or acts of God;
- (iv) any loss, cause of action, or claim of any kind (including, without limitation, consequential or economic loss or loss of profits), arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or Travello Rewards, including, without limitation, any changes to the Terms and Conditions or Travello Rewards, save to the extent that such loss or claim arises from the wilful misconduct or wilful negligence of a Travello Group Company.
16.8 Travello uses reasonable efforts to ensure the description of offers in connection with Points, Rewards and Partner’s terms (including Voucher T&Cs) are correct. However, Travello is necessarily reliant on the information provided by Partners being accurate and for this reason Travello is not responsible for any inaccuracy in the description of a Point promotion or of a Reward or any Partner’s terms applicable to the Reward.
16.9 Travello may at any time and without prior notice to Members withdraw, limit, modify, cancel, increase or decrease:
- (a) any particular Retail Reward;
- (b) the advertised terms of offer for a Retail Reward; or
- (c) the quantity of a Retail Reward available for redemption.
17.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION
17.2 If the Member does not provide all or any part of the requested information, the services provided to that Member by Travello, and the Rewards and Benefits that the Member receives, may be affected.
17.3 Travello collects personal information about each Member (including products and services available to Travello Rewards members):
- (a) to enable Travello to market products and services to the Member, including the products and services of Travello partners and other third parties who Travello believes may have products and services in which the Member would be interested. This is one of the primary purposes of Travello Rewards;
- (b) to facilitate the Member’s participation in Travello Rewards and other organisations’ loyalty programs, including:
- (i) by assessing the Member’s membership application,
- (ii) awarding the Member with Points,
- (iii) confirming the Member’s eligibility for, and providing any products and services associated with, Travello Rewards, and
- (iv) enhancing and tailoring the Member’s use of Travello Rewards;
- (c) for Travello and third parties to generate consumer insights about the Member in order to better understand the Member’s preferences and interests, tailor the Member’s experience, enhance the products and services supplied to the Member and to tell the Member about the products and services of Travello and its Partners. In order to do this, Travello may collect and combine personal information about the Member from third parties or public sources (eg ABS census data);
- (d) to improve the Travello Rewards website and services, including by means of product development and market and behavioural research; and
- (e) for operational management of Travello.
17.4 Travello may collect the Member’s personal information from the Member directly, including when the Member is logged into their Travello Rewards account. Travello may also collect the Member’s personal information from third parties, Partners, Travello’s related bodies corporate, third parties providing services for Travello program partners (including when the Member registers through one of Travello’s Partners or transacts with them).
17.5 For the reasons described above, and in particular those listed in clause 17.3 Travello may disclose a Member’s personal information to:
- (a) Partners; and
- (b) other third parties, such as law enforcement agencies and courts, in order to comply with its legal obligations or in connection with a legal claim or in response to a validly served and executed court order or subpoena; and
- (c) any Travello Group Company;
- (d) with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
17.6 These parties may be located in a country other than the country in which a Member is based, including in India, the United Kingdom, the United States, New Zealand, Germany, the Philippines, Australia and any country which the Member travels to or through in connection with its Membership, or that a Partner is based.
17.7 Marketing consent: Without limiting terms and conditions or consents applying to your use of the Travello App, by becoming a Member, the Member provides their express consent to Travello:
- (a) sending the Member marketing communications including via direct mail, telephone, email, SMS, in-app notifications or other digital means, including:
- (i) news and offers for Members;
- (ii) offers, news and updates from Travello and Partners, and other Travello partners;
- (iii) flight specials, news and updates;
- (iv) entertainment offers and competitions;
- (v) Travello branded products including insurance, financial services, retail, activities and experiences, wine news; and
- (vi) Email, which lets the Member know about the latest deals and information; and
- (b) associating and combining data collected from third parties with the Member’s personal information and using and disclosing to Partners and other third parties that combined personal information to tailor the Member’s experience and content, including third party content, and otherwise in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
The Member can opt out of receiving all or any of these communications:
- (a) for email and digital advertising by updating their email preferences in your profile;
- (b) for in-app notifications via app preferences; and
- (c) for SMS messages, by opting out directly from an SMS.
17.8 The Member should contact Travello in writing at 2/88 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, or by online query at the Travello Website:
- (a) for further information about how Travello handles personal information;
- (b) to ask any questions about the Member’s personal information that Travello holds; or
- (c) any request to correct that personal information, can be directed in writing addressed to Travello . Only the Member named on the account will be entitled to access their Membership information.
17.9 This clause 17 survives the termination of these Terms and Conditions and the termination or suspension of Travello Rewards.
18.1 Interpretation: In these Terms and Conditions, unless the contrary intention appears:
- (a) the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- (b) dollars or '$' means Australian dollars;
- (c) unless otherwise stated, all dollar amounts include any applicable GST;
- (d) dates or times are Universal Time Code (or GMT) dates or times;
- (e) a reference to 'include' or 'including' means 'including but not limited to'.
18.2 Governing Law: The Terms and Conditions and membership in Travello Rewards are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia irrespective of where the application for Membership has been completed by the Member or submitted to Travello. In any action or other legal process with respect to any matter or thing in connection with these Terms and Conditions or Membership the Member submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Queensland.
18.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects any rights a Member may have and which by law cannot be excluded, including under the Competition and Consumer Act (2010), or any other competition or consumer protection laws of another country or jurisdiction that apply to the Member.
18.4 If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable then it will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible, it will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
18.5 Travello recommends that Members consult their accountant or tax adviser to ensure that they understand possible tax (including fringe benefits tax) implications, if any, related to Membership and Benefits.
How Travello Points and Status Credits can be earned will be published on the Travello Website, and in the Travello App.
19.1.1 A Member may earn Status Credits by completing activities and doing certain things using the Travello App, as notified by Travello to the Member in wiriting (including on the Travello App and Travello Website), and subject to change at the asbolute discretion of Travello. Changes are reflected in Member accounts.
19.1.2 Status Credits will entitle a Member to a Status Tier Level. Travello may grant the Member that Status Tier Level. The Member will retain at least the Status Tier Level awarded to it by Travello for the Benefit Period. A Member’s Status Tier Level may change depending on how many Status Credits the Member earned in the Grace Year.
19.1.3 Travello may award Travello Points when a Member obtains a certain Status Tier Level.
19.2 Status Credits:
- (a) do not have any cash value and are not convertible into cash;
- (b) are solely a unit of measurement adopted by Travello and do not form a contractual right, property or currency;
- (c) are not subject to a Member’s direction, control or other entitlement;
- (d) cannot be purchased;
- (e) can only be earned by Members;
- (f) have earn methods and rates which may be limited, withdrawn, modified, cancelled, increased or otherwise amended by Travello from time to time, and will be published in the Travello App and/or Travello Website;
- (g) cannot be used to redeem Rewards;
- (h) are tracked and listed separately in a Member’s Membership Account for the sole purpose of determining their Status Tier Level;
- (i) are valid for 365 days from the day the Status Credit was earned by the Member;
- (j) are not earned by the Member on all its activity on the Travello App, or Travello Website, only that activity notified by Travello to the Member.
19.3 Members may check the number of Status Credits in their Membership Account by accessing their Membership Account via the Travello App or Travello Website.
19.4 Without incurring any liability to a Member, Travello may reverse or cancel Status Credits which have been allocated to the Member through a breach of the Terms and Conditions by the Member or otherwise incorrect.
19.5 Travello will use reasonable efforts to credit Status Credits to the Member as soon as possible after the activity which earned the Status Credits was completed.
19.6 Travello will not allocate Status Credits (and may reverse any allocation) in respect of any transaction which is the subject of a cancellation, refund, or which has been allocated in error.
19.7 Travello may, at any time, change the terms in accordance with clause 3, including (without limitation) by applying additional terms in respect of the availability of, and eligibility for, Status Credits.
19.8 All enquiries regarding allocating Status Credits must be directed to the Travello within six months from the date of any activity giving rise to the Member’s enquiry. Travello are not required to take any action in relation to an enquiry which is not made within six months after the activity that the Member’s enquiry relates to.
19.9 Status Credits may be credited only to the account of the Member who has earned the Status Credits in accordance with clause 19.1.1.
19.10 New Members start with a Status Tier Level of Rookie. During their Membership, Members may then qualify for higher Status Tier Levels such as Nomad, Explorer, Expert or Guru.
19.11 An individual can only be a Member of one Status Tier Level at any one time.
19.12 The more active a Member is the higher the Status Tier Level is likely to be.
19.13 The method of attaining higher Status Tier Level is set out in the Terms and Conditions and as follows:
|Level||Status Level||Status Points Required in the previous 12 months||Travello Points Awarded|
19.14 On any given day, if the total number of Status Credits earned and during the previous 365 days meets the criteria in clause 19.13, the Member will be upgraded to that Status Tier Level for the Benefit Period.
19.15 If at midnight UTC time on the last day of a Benefit Period, the total number of Status Credits earned and during the previous 365 days does not meet the criteria for a Status Tier Level in clause 19.13, the Member will be immediately downgraded to the relevant Status Tier Level for which criteria the Member meets.
19.16 Travello may upgrade, downgrade or maintain a Status Tier Level in its absolute discretion.
19.17 Points Earn: For the initial US$25 of spend (exclusive of GST, VAT or other relevant sales taxes and net of rewards credits and discounts), a Member will earn 250 points. Then for every US$50 of spend (exclusive of GST, VAT or other relevant sales taxes and net of rewards credits and discounts), a Member will earn a further 500 points for any purchase over US$50. For spend under $25, no points will be earned. Points are not earned until the minimum spend is achieved, for example a spend of $149 will qualify for 1,000 points and a spend of $150 will qualify for 1,500 points.
The table of Points earnings is as follows:
|Spend level in USD or equivalent currency value (exclusive of GST, VAT or other relevant sales taxes and net of rewards credits and discounts):||Points Earned|
|$0 to $24.99||Nil|
|$25.00 and up to $49.99||250|
|$50.00 and up to $99.99||500|
|$100.00 and up to $149.99||1,000|
|$150.00 and up to $199.99||1,500|
|And continues for each $50 increment||Continues in 500 points allotments|
Member referral earns 500 points. Join and first post earns 500 points. Points maybe awarded at Travello’s discretion for any other activity within the Travello App.
20.0 PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
For all promotional material where it is marked:"Lowest Price Guarantee or we'll double the difference"
This means: If a Travello user who purchases a particular experience, finds the exact same product on another platform for a cheaper price, then Travello will gift the user twice the price difference between the two products in value in the form of Travello Rewards Points. These Rewards Points can be used/redeemed on any experience within the Travello Platfrom.